Sunday, September 9, 2012

cross my path



cross my path

look you're younger and self
protective self
aware i see it
running into my mind again
but it passes

through a window on a bus
somewhat searching and maybe shy
or maybe she
confused things
and that's the new look
apparently
breakup came into fashion

i knew those designs
my eyeglasses blocked out the faces
the public crying continued for months
but listen, these verbs have tensed into past
muscles clenched then finally

relaxed, sitting calm
in the lower abdomen, the lower spine
all unattached & gratefully deep

i fumble

this is the real deal the ready vein tapped and sturdy
an open palm an open tree

crosshairs, my heart

wish to know you slowly through
songs or silences but
it's true, i'm enamored
with my strange powerful sensual self

we have no arrangements
that we know of

12.26.11

No comments:

Post a Comment