Monday, March 26, 2012

the undoing



the undoing

it’s psychic surgery
the common fall off a cliff
it’s this personal city of memories & presence
flipped on it’s horizon

it’s dismantling the we into two separate words
it’s my job to do and be done
it’s me calling to you *home*
yet unable to flee or sleep in

it’s calling my mom, my sister, so many
mutual friends to tell them,
telling myself repeatedly, we’ve broken records
it’s six years of rollercoasters and this is the endless drop

this is your saturn returning in libra
mercury not yet fully out of retrograde
it’s that mountain in front of me
and the whole world on the other side

it’s all the sad songs i want to put together
the mix playing slowly on a tape towards the end
it’s a box set, a series
the last thing i think at night

it’s the thoughts that make sleep such a distant shallow dream
and make waking unbearable
this is rock bottom & it keeps going
this is an aquifer of sorrow

this is a reservoir of emptiness
a quarry filled with confusion
i thought i was a water witch
i thought we were divine

you want to make this goodbye the exception
like i wanted to make all of our hellos
and still i climb your bed in search of smell
and still i count grief sheep

you are the extra bone in my body
the one that aches and helps me fly
your body is not a house but *home*,
you are the birdcage under my ribs

it’s nothing i’ve done wrong
there is nothing i can do
except cross out the partner before your name
cross out the offer in my gestures

and now the veil of dawn must lift
and now the wind in virgo turns cold
now the eyes turn to clouds & swell
the moon loosens its mooring & breaks

you eat & sleep, work & dream,
and i am lost in the stopping of this world
you take shelter in the gaze of another
as i crawl out of my mind

but there you are, all shoulders & sweetness
here you are, so unmasked & familiar
and there you go, off into your ramshackle vision
and here, in false hope, i stay and stay and

still. i am still.


9.6.11

No comments:

Post a Comment