Tuesday, March 13, 2012

i kept noticing your low voice

i kept noticing your low voice

and i didn't even imagine a cocoon
but there it wrapped around
a bench, two bodies, past
my eyelashes, yellow birds darted
with quail but the air was
warm & wet & i had to look away
to listen

all i could think of was cheap
words like sparkles or magic
and did i start moving closer?
my body steps ahead of the rest

then from chest to belly
my heart sunk in a highly specific way i
wanted (incredibly) to run, losing
focus
and faith

i bear
the baggage
of forlorn boundaries how could you
be both/and, not either/or
i'm so humyn i'm so
hidden and disguised
this is too many nerves firing
too distracting too
you/i

unable to back away and still
looking sideways it was not
peripheral in my mind it was
the tropical trees but i couldn't
exactly describe them i was
touching everything with

ears and voice and body, floating

i had to close my eyes i had to
enter your story it had a violin
and smells of perfume i kept
noticing your long voice
how it spoke even allegories
in silences and asked questions
like why are you
like me in all my favorite ways?

1.22.12

No comments:

Post a Comment