Friday, September 21, 2012

when i wrap myself in contradictions



when i wrap myself in contradictions

it was brilliant. the line
ran into the cavity
before sleep, sorta perfect
and fleeting

yet look! the words tumble
and spit out ALL
CAPS without knowing
how these little things piss
in the breeze and blow
back

words will wrap me in thin
paper, bones of another season
that rattled warmly, a fan
blowing the sticky air
outwards, hot thunder
on a drifting day

i burned my tongue
imagining winter, a casual frost
bitten onto delicate parts,
these are the senses.

today i realized i am in love
with this unfamiliar world.
i open my mouth, everything is
wide wide awake, soaking
and steeping. a car horn
shakes inside me, i peak
and shudder.

why is the relentless brain
chasing dyads into dust?
with two hands i lock myself
behind the door, the pores
close on themselves with bandhas
and mudras. soaring and seeking,
the breath breaks its own
bread, it's own body.

there is yes

9.21.12

No comments:

Post a Comment