Thursday, April 19, 2012

tiny treasures.

thank you
the snakeskin is outgrown
the sweetness is in the details, in what surrounds.  i am specific with my home, the environment which i inhabit, stretch, reflect myself.  my room is a space of control, one which i carefully shape to fit this love of color & pattern & the miniscule.  the place i call "mine" also tends to be filled with the memories and creative gifts of other people that i love.

my private heart, captured in small, intimate photos & revealed in the most public of spaces:
owls remind me of moonshine

salutations to the cosmic mother nature, durge smruta

collecting tidbits

sketches of billboards for a bigger art piece

a selfick original

photo taken in chicago, found in west virginia flea market

stencil made by shoog from foto of me, veronica, & noam at march in dc

i love you, flowers.

everything is still.

a gift painted by my longest friend ginaB, given to me over 10 years ago

yerba mate, bombilla, thermos= the necessities
sweet note from cara, sent amidst my trauma, reminding me to love myself




box filled with fish bones, left on my doorstep by vik


home.


a homemade patch i made for someone i loved who left it all behind
armadillo shell i found (with incredible delight) on the beach in nicaragua
birds birds birds, on a box of tapes tapes tapes
what is important in all good relationships
meridians
crows are oracles
hangin with angela davis, stencil courtesy of vik
west virginia flea market find, photo from chicago in the 70s
a chip original
a box of riches

i coveted this for years before cara passed it along
una bolsita para mi, gracias a las mujeres (y radym)
something so wonderful about chainmail
i can't just read one book at a time, i have to read nineteen



patterns reveal secrets


No comments:

Post a Comment