Monday, February 18, 2019

i'm pretty comfortable, but i could be a little more comfortable

short story by lydia davis, from can't and won't


i'm tired.

the people in front of us are taking a long time choosing their ice cream.

my thumb hurts.

a man is coughing during the concert.

the shower is a little too cold.

the work i have to do this morning is difficult.

they have seated us too close to the kitchen.

there's a long line at the shipping counter.

i'm cold sitting in the car.

the cuff of my sweater is damp.

the shower is weak.

i'm hungry.

they're quarreling again.

this soup doesn't have much taste.

my navel orange is a little dry.

i didn't get two seats to myself on the train.

he is keeping me waiting.

they have gone off and left me alone at the dinner table.

she says my breathing is incorrect.

i need to go to the bathroom, but someone is in there.

i'm a little tense.

the back of my neck feels prickly.

the cat has ringworm.

the person behind me on the train is eating something very smelly.

it's too hot in that room for me to practice the piano.

he calls me when i'm working.

i bought sour cream by mistake.

my fork is too short.

i'm so tired i won't do well at my lesson.

this apple has brown spots on it.

i ordered a dry corn muffin, but when it came, it wasn't dry.

he chews so loudly i have to turn on the radio.

this pesto is hard to blend.

the wart on my thumb is growing back.

i can't have anything to eat or drink this morning because of the test.

she has parked her mercedes across the end of my driveway.

i ordered an oat bran raisin muffin lightly toasted, but it wasn't lightly toasted.

my tea water takes too long to boil.

the seam in the toe of my sock is twisted.

it's too cold in that room for me to practice the piano.

he doesn't pronounce foreign words correctly.

my tea is too milky.

i've been in the kitchen too long.

there's cat saliva on my new sock.

my seat doesn't have a back.

the blender is leaking at the bottom.

i can't decide whether to go on reading this book.

i missed the view of the river from the train because it got dark.

the raspberries are sour.

the pepper grinder doesn't grind very well.

the cat has peed on my telephone.

my band-aid is wet.

the store is out of decaf hazelnut coffee.

my sheets get all twisted in the dryer.

the carrot cake was a little stale.

when i toast the raisin bread, the raisins get very hot.

the bridge of my nose is a little dry.

i'm sleepy, but i can't lie down.

the sound system in the examining room is playing folk music.

i don't look forward very much to that sandwich.

they have a new weatherman on the radio.

now that the leaves are off the trees, we can see the neighbor's new deck.

i don't think i like my bedspread anymore.

in the restaurant they are playing a loop of soft rock music.

my glasses frames are cold.

there is st. andre cheese on the platter, but i can't have any.

the clock is ticking very loudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment