Wednesday, October 12, 2016

mortal kombat

by mira gonzalez from i will never be beautiful enough to make us beautiful together

i am thinking about those tiny clams that bury themselves under wet
sand at the beach
i identify with the tiny clams
i want to bury myself under wet sand
my cat is giving me a disapproving look
i pick up my cat and forcibly hug her
my cat meows loudly and jump-kicks me as she runs away
i think i would like to be a cat
i want someone to forcibly hug me
i want to jump-kick them and run away
i begin to count how many people i have had sex with in my life
i say out loud:
‘i don’t care about the people i’ve had sex with. i like being alone.
being with other people is tiring’
i am talking to myself
‘mira is talking to herself’
i want to take a bath with all the lights off
the couple that lives next door are yelling at each other again
i feel happy that my neighbors have a relationship that is important
enough to yell about

No comments:

Post a Comment