Friday, August 31, 2012

yes, the door.


yes, the door.

my doors are shut
i hear you say except
windows of words
flew out of a mouth

i saw through
a few, vistas
and kitchens, i heard
so many songs

my doors are shut
i hear you say
except this,
accept this

i reached for the pass
your hand outstretched
palm to palm
so many fingers

my doors are shut
i hear you
say it first with voice
and with eyes again
and again
i'll echo
shut my doors!
close the windows!
board up the house!

my doors are shut
i hear
storms held
back, rain brewing,
wind tossing, i feel
hot then cool

and drifting, i try to knock
against things, bounce
off of meanings, prove
myself alive.

my doors are shut
i heard myself
say i don't know
why i slammed hard
with a quick crash

in my room, i was framing windows
in my room, i painted stones onto walls
in my book, i put my forehead to the ground

i tried to say
welcome,
sleep here
tell me your dreams

drumming a rhythm, a code
tapped with light
fists from the inside

here the walls serve as covers,
the floor a spine, 
a breeze through pages 

which door was knocking

supine blankness
an invisible book

against what matter

8.20.12

https://soundcloud.com/slow-and-behold/yes-the-door

No comments:

Post a Comment